Let me tell you a story first of mine. Once, I told Taifa, “hey remember, you said this, that etc, see the message’s screenshot”. Taifa said, ” wow, how did you get that old message? You have changed your phone almost 1 year ago”.
In 2021 my mother gifted me a Xaomi Redmi Note 10 mobile. Before that I was using the Oppo A3S mobile phone. So here the use of SMS backup & restore app began.
What is the SMS backup & restore app?
The SMS backup & restore app is an app that can help you to export import all messages on your mobile phone. So when I have got my new Redmi mobile, I used this app to copy all of my messages from my Oppo mobile.
Today I will share this experience with you all. You can contact me, or reply to this post by messaging me of my Facebook page. I have disabled the comment section of this blog due to huge amount of spam comments. Next time, I will share information about blocking comments on WordPress website too.
Where to get the SMS backup & restore app?
You can get the SMS backup & restore app on Google play store. Also, I have the APK file of this app. If this is no more available on Google play store in future, you can get the APK from me by simply sending me message by the above mentioned way.
Is this import export messages app good?
Yes, according to my experience, it is amazing. You should try it. And you can also read other’s reviews. See my review:
How to use SMS backup & restore app?
- First, you have to install the app from the play store. And then open the app and give them permission to read your messages, contacts etc.
2. Now click on the Set Up A Backup button.
3. Click on messages, call logs too if you need them.
4. Click on Your Phone and configure.
5. Create your own folder for the export and select that folder.
6. Click yes for local backup only.
Local backup warning.
7. Now disable schedule backups.
8. Now you see the option to start backup. Click on it and it will start exporting message on your folder.
9.You will see the backup created.
10. Now upload the backup to your Google drive, and download the file from Google drive to your new phone. Or copy the backup somehow to your new phone, ex: copy using a PC.
11. In the new phone, install the app. And open it. And then click on Restore option.
12. Select the local backup location and show in which folder your backup is available.
13. Now select the backup xml file and proceed.
14. Now click on what you want to restore. And click on Restore button.
15. Click Ok. And then click Change. And message restoration will start smoothly. You may not see this if you use the default messaging app. I use Google Messaging App.
16. Now messages restoration will be completed automatically. It will take time depending on your phone configuration and also amount of messages.
Now let’s have a look if SMS restoration app works or not:
Thank you so much for reading my blog. Have a nice day.